In this presentation you’ll hear from representatives from Dow and The Nature Conservancy on Dow’s commitment to identifying $1B in net present value through the Valuing Nature Goal, tools and work processes developed to support the goal, as well as challenges and successes in driving culture change. The team will also present on two projects in the goal portfolio including a remediation project that transformed a coal ash pond into a municipal stormwater wetland in Midland, Michigan and Dow’s ongoing efforts to transition to zero freshwater intake via watershed level engagement and green and gray infrastructure at its site in Terneuzen, The Netherlands.
What people are saying:
“Thank you so much for this presentation! This has probably been the best one I've ever seen. I agree with what one person said that this is very similar to how public agencies like State Parks etc works. I'd love to send this presentation to my coworkers if it can be made available. If this is ever presented again, I'm going to get them to all attend. Great job to you all!!"
“Wow -- what a tremendous improvement!! As a former Dow employee, I remember the before picture well. Great work and what a terrific initiative and a great demonstration of the tool.”
- “Value Case for the Nature Goal: Tools, Work Processes, and Culture Change” by France Guertin, Dow Environmental Technology Center
- “Dow & TNC Collaboration” by Jennifer Molnar, The Nature Conservancy
- “Riverside Wetlands and ESII Tool” by Betsy Witt, Dow Environmental Remediation and Restoration
- “Dow Terneuzen Water Management – Zero Freshwater Intake by 2025” by Neils Groot, Dow Environmental Technology Center
- Dow Riverside wetlands as a business case applying nature goal work process
From ash pond to Riverside Wetlands: Making the business case for engineered natural technologies - ScienceDirect
- Seadrift Wetlands retrospective financial analysis and LCA
A Financial and Environmental Analysis of Constructed Wetlands for Industrial Wastewater Treatment - DiMuro - 2014 - Journal of Industrial Ecology - Wiley Online Library
- Early study completed with TNC and other collaborators
Building A Case For Green Infrastructure (nature.org)